1. Some people believe that it is necessary to invest more in professional sports, while others would say that there are other areas in life that are in greater need of the money. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. Some people believe that focusing on the present is more important than learning history. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. The number of private cars is increasing rapidly worldwide. What do you think are the causes of this? Is it a positive or negative development.
4. Some people believe that the primary purpose of university education is to teach theoretical knowledge; others say there are other more important purposes such as preparing students for their careers. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. Scientist believe that computers will become more intelligent than human beings. Some people find it a positive development while others think it is negative development. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Modern buildings change the character and appearance of towns and cities. The government should insist that new buildings be built in traditional styles to protect cultural identity. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Children find it difficult to concentrate on or pay attention to school. What are the reasons? How can we solve this problem?
8. Some people believe that the government should continuously support the development of arts, others believe that the money can be well spent on scientific research. Discuss both and give your own opinion.
9. Some people think traffic and housing problems in large cities can be solved by moving companies and factories and their employees to the countryside. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
10. In many cities, planners tend to arrange shops, schools, offices, and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh the disadvantages?
11. Some people believe that the education for adults is more important; others would say that the education for children is more influential. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
12. Nowadays people tend to travel long distance to work every day. What are the reasons and suggestions?